The most terrible in the world of sea creatures
In the seas and oceans live the most unusual and alien beings on Earth. And some of them look very scary…
1. Fish-frog . Found in the Atlantic, Indian and Pacific oceans on muddy or sandy bottom, sometimes burrowing into his eyes. Some members of the family Zapovednaya fish have poisonous spines and are dangerous for swimmers.
2. This beauty’s name is fish-drop . and it lives only in Australia. Deep-sea benthic fish of the family psychrolutidae, which because of its unattractive appearance often referred to as one of the most bizarre ocean deep-water fish on the planet. The structure of the anterior part of the head gives the impression that the fish are constantly frowns and is unhappy “facial expression” what the fish takes the first place in the rankings of the most bizarre creatures in surveys on the Internet.
3. The striped wolffish (Anarhichas lupus), or as it is called “Atlantic wolf” is commonly found in cold deep waters. Interestingly, the teeth “Atlantic wolf” quickly wear out, but every year during cold weather old teeth fall out, and in their place new ones appear.
4. Coelacanth is a living fossil fish that have reached us from ancient times. It is almost izmenilas the prehistoric period.
5. Fish-frog . This sedentary benthic fish that have a thick flat head and laterally compressed tails. Mouth large, with numerous sharp teeth.
6. Predatory fish monkfish or monkfish European . The name of this species derives from the very unattractive appearance. Body length up to 2 meters, often 1-1. 5 meters. Weight — up to 20 or more pounds.
It has a large mouth in the form of a semicircle with a protruding lower jaw forward and sharp hooked teeth. From another angle:
7. Moray-Viper — one species of marine eels. Typically, morays feed on fish, but will attack and crustaceans, and octopus, which are caught from ambush, with an arrow jumping out of their hiding places and grabbing passing prey.
8. Get ready… the Fish-the astrologer . European Stargazer got its name from the eyes, located above and contiguous among themselves, which are constantly built as if to the sky. Has poisonous spines on the pectoral fins behind the Gill covers, are a danger to swimmers.
9. Flying fish-mouse from the squad udenstvertne or sea devils. Live in subtropical and tropical seas, on the bottom, often to a depth of 100 m.
10. Such a person may love only a mom. Fish-the Viper . The scientific name comes from the Greek words Chaulios — open mouth and Odus — a tooth. Fish-Viper your open mouth with frightening teeth have long gained worldwide fame, despite the fact that its size does not exceed 35 cm. After the victim comes close to your mouth, the mouth of the fish-Viper leans back, allowing you to capture prey exceeding the thickness of the predator 3 times. The teeth in the process of hunting play a major role: although not designed for killing prey, but serve to keep the predator on the victim’s body. Also see the article “unusual building “.